Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Does anyone else get mild nausea when you lay down at night?

(12 Posts)
IlanaK Fri 14-Aug-09 20:41:16

I know this is a strange one, but it has been bothering me for a while. I get mild nausea, sort of in waves, when I lay down at night,. It is not every night, but it is most nights. Some nights worse than others. I have IBS, so I wondered if it was related to that. Then I wondered if it was an inner ear imbalance?

Anyone else experience this or I am just weird blush ?

Prosecco Fri 14-Aug-09 20:44:57

Me-a little

IlanaK Fri 14-Aug-09 20:54:41

Do you have IBS? Or an ear problem? Clutching at straws, but wondering what causes it.

ThePregnantPhantomPlopper Sat 15-Aug-09 22:21:12

Could it be anxiety?

I used to get it when I went through a panicking about house fires at night, when DH was away, stage.

BuffyTheFluffySlayer Sat 15-Aug-09 22:22:00

Do you feel your throat burning a little aswell?

bruffin Sat 15-Aug-09 22:25:54

I do when I am desperately tired. I know I need to go to sleep when it happens.

Mousey84 Sat 15-Aug-09 22:36:58

Same as bruffin - when Im really tired and finally get a chance to rest (even sitting down for a minute) I feel v ill and have been physically sick.

Does it happen if you lie down during the day (when more rested)?

MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Sat 15-Aug-09 22:50:31

Yes, sometimes it happens to me, but I think it is the same as Mousey and bruffin, shear bloody, complete and utter tiredness.

sabire Sat 15-Aug-09 23:12:53

I get this - in my case it's related to an inner ear imbalance. It's worse when I lie on my back, and sometimes I get feelings of dizzyness as I'm falling off to sleep, which at times are bad enough to make me sick. It's very unpleasant.

IlanaK Sun 16-Aug-09 14:05:16

Hmmmm.....no burning in the throat. Yes, very tired, but then aren't we all? I never lie down during the day so don't know if it would happen then. It happens when I sht my eyes, come to think of it.

babybarrister Sun 16-Aug-09 17:25:19

reflux/heart burn type of thing?

sabire Mon 17-Aug-09 07:51:04

Yup - I get this. When you shut your eyes the room starts to spin slightly or you get a vague lurching feeling which makes you feel sick.

I had a really bad attack last year, but that time it happened when I got up and moved, and stopped when I lay still. I was incapable of doing anything for two days - horrible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now