Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Does MS make you extremely tired?

(6 Posts)
FabulousBakerGirl Wed 29-Apr-09 11:15:31

Years ago an old friend of mine told me they had it but we never talked about it. I was too shocked. I have heard recently that they are very tired and I am concerned it might be linked. They have a small child and their OH is also suffering with an illness which will ulimately kill them so huge concern really.

NotPlayingAnyMore Wed 29-Apr-09 11:41:31

It usually does, yes, though no 2 cases are the same.
Do you know which kind of MS it is or how long they've had it?
Have a look at the MS Society's site.

FabulousBakerGirl Wed 29-Apr-09 11:48:48

I don't know what type and it has been around 15 years. Not something they will talk about to me so I don't want to pry.

moyasmum Wed 29-Apr-09 12:03:33

Ms is variable from person to person, from no obvious disability to considerable disability. Benign to progressive. Please dont see your friend as an illness ,but as someone who might like you to meet up with.you can see for yourself, help in practical ways if necessary, but be a good friend. Please dont be shocked. Ms is not a terminal illness but if she has some symptoms then try and help her to overcome them.

BTW, I have ms, 15 years, i get tired,balance a bit iffy sometimes but i can handle our bloody big dog that pulls me all over the shop, so I count myself lucky. I hope your friend is too.

FabulousBakerGirl Wed 29-Apr-09 12:15:39

We are not likely to meet up as I have moved away but I just wanted some understanding for myself really. We were very young when they told me and I didn't know what to say.

moyasmum Wed 29-Apr-09 12:32:46

ms society is a bit doom and gloom,try msrc.co.uk,or one ofthe many ms blogs on the net. There are a lot of computer literate MSers out there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now