Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

The Mini-Pill

(6 Posts)
RubyrubyrubyRaven Mon 30-Mar-09 22:12:51

I am interested in this - currently have a Mirena coil but I am thinking of changing. Does it work for you?

thumbbunny Tue 31-Mar-09 00:08:17

I used it (cerazette) quite succesfully for about a year before coming off it to ttc.
Most of the older POPs had to be taken exactly the same time every day to maintain effectiveness, whereas I liked cerazette because it had a few hours leeway. No side effects that I noticed (apart from no AF because no withdrawal period - it's a full time pill) but you should read this first.

brettgirl2 Tue 31-Mar-09 09:54:10

Cerazette made me bleed constantly. I then got put on another one and managed to take it at the same time each day for a couple of months before coming off it and getting pg. I don't think I'd take one of the older ones long term though.

tinierclanger Tue 31-Mar-09 09:55:05

I have used Cerazette very happily for about 5 years now, coming off to get pregnant. No problems.

RubyrubyrubyRaven Tue 31-Mar-09 10:47:03

Thanks - I will be 46 soon and I am on my second Mirena coil - I thought I was ok but a lot of the symptons mentioned on this forum are ringing alarm bells with me. I just thought it could be a good option to see me through the next few years.

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 31-Mar-09 15:14:01

was very happy on cerazette - had no mood swings and also no bleeding - on it for 2 years - only problem i have is that still waiting for af (3mths on almost)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now