Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

this can't be ovulation pain on Cerazette, can it?

(11 Posts)
piratecat Mon 23-Mar-09 17:28:31

Have bee successfully on Cerazette for two yrs. No periods, not awful hormone swings, and thebest thing ever, it has taken the edge of my (7yrs on) SPD pain.

I know that some women still get periods, and symptoms of a 'cycle', yet i have bee lucky enought to be almost flatlining, as i put it, throughout.

Felt very very tired the last 3 days, and then on sat felt a twinge like ovulation, and i was really surprised! Then yesterday and today have been bloated, and tender boobs.

Perhaps this will only be this month, or do you think maybe my body is changing in respect to how I process Cerazette, and that maybe i will get more hormonal symptoms inthe future.

zanz1bar Mon 23-Mar-09 17:32:28

i get these feelings sometimes when i am less than regular with time i take cerazette. a couple of times had a breakthrough bleed if i missed a day.
Agree with you that on the whole its bloody fantastic, no pmt, no pain(usually) no period.

piratecat Mon 23-Mar-09 17:51:15

really zanz1bar? tbh, i think i forgot to take one about 5 days ago!! I know it's no laughing matter, but i am single and so no way i could get pg.

I only just remembered about the missed one blush Am very surprised that it is so senstive, and that my body has reacted accordingly then.

It's good to hear a poitive view of it too!!

zanz1bar Mon 23-Mar-09 18:07:51

Its a low dose so i presume the idea is little and often, hence taking it every day.
I came off cerazette six months ago and turned into a hormonal monster with the return of bad migraines so can honestly say life is a lot better with the little white pill.
My dh begged me to go back onto cerazette my mood swings where so bad.

piratecat Tue 24-Mar-09 08:01:47

it's really interesting to meet someone who really feels and notices the benefits of this pill, becuase all i read are horror stories.!!

bubblagirl Tue 24-Mar-09 08:13:56

im on cerazzette and can still have bouts of this every few months if ive taken it really late or missed some plays havoc with my hormones i get tearful too until maybe about a week and im back to normal i have to have 2 a day as bled so bad so really agrovates me if i do miss it

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 24-Mar-09 15:48:11

i didnt have any probs on cerazette - was on it for 2 yaers - didnt have mood swing and didnt bleed each month smile

but since coming off it in jan, i still havnt bled sad

piratecat Tue 24-Mar-09 16:35:40

hi, two a day? Wasn't aware you could do this.

Jan is along time to wait for a bleed. Are you hoping to get pg?

bubblagirl Wed 25-Mar-09 09:06:16

yes i bleed all the time without the 2 a day my body rejects everything but the 2 works wonders

it can take up to 18 mths for your body to go back to normal but can take 8-9 mths to bleed from stopping the pill

whispywhisp Mon 30-Mar-09 14:07:12

I took 2 a day for about 4 years after I had DD2. Having 2 a day meant I had no periods at all - my GP advised I could safely take 2 a day because I also suffered with extremely heavy periods - ie so heavy I couldn't leave the bathroom. I'm now on one a day and have been for almost a year - I'm fine with it apart from the fact my periods can still be fairly heavy, but also very light and I sometimes get a very light bleed in between or nothing at all. TBH I'd rather not be on the pill at all but I know I'd never cope without it. I think a lot of this is to do with my age (I'm 41) but having periods all over the place does get me down. I've had periods for 30 years now and tbh I've had enough!!!!

Ilovetoast1991 Mon 17-Mar-14 15:12:05

I have been on cerezette nearly a year and a half , and have only just suddenly started getting ovary pain . Is this common ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now