Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Hard lump on back under bra strap - any ideas

(5 Posts)
cyanarasamba Thu 13-Nov-08 21:58:32

Seems a bit too minor to bother my GP with at the moment but it's beginning to bother me.

I've a hard lump which seems to have developed under my bra strap on my back. It's not a spot as it's not red and seems deeper under the skin. I don't think it's a cyst as it's slightly more painful than I remember them being.

Can anyone shed any light? TIA.

Zahrah Thu 13-Nov-08 22:00:23

Cyan when it comes to lumps get yourself booked in to see a GP asap. That is what they are there for.

lauraloola Thu 13-Nov-08 22:01:21

I know a few people who have had lumps on their backs. They had them removed and tested but all came back fine.

My Dad had 2 and they were fine - I think they told him it was just fatty tissue that had built up.

Maybe best to get it checked out.

SauerKraut Fri 14-Nov-08 07:52:18

I'm having a huge one removed soon- they will test it but it usually is just fatty tissue- a lipoma, I think it's called.

cyanarasamba Fri 14-Nov-08 13:03:02

Ok thanks all - will pop to the docs next week. Have haunted them for the last 4 weeks with a chest infection so was hoping to give them a break for a bit!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now