Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone who has had Mucocele removed by oral surgeon please tell me how it was??

(5 Posts)
AnnasBananas Mon 29-Sep-08 19:57:16

I have a mucus cyst on the inside of my lower lip and the oral surgeon who I saw this morning said he will remove it under local anaesthetic as an out-patient minor surgery with a few stitches.

Has anyone has this done, did it hurt?? How much?? How long to recover from it? And any lasting effects? How long did the procedure take?

I had DD2 2 years ago with no pain relief but I think I used up all my bravery then and now I'm really scared about this!!! [wimp] sad

Furball Mon 29-Sep-08 20:20:17

my friend had one removed on the inside of her lower lip. had it done under local and had a stitch put in She said it was completely painless and the stitch didn't bother her after. i was surprised because I assumed it would be a bit like an ulcer when healing, but apparently it wasn't.

I now have one that doesn't bother me so haven't bothered to do anything about it.

AnnasBananas Mon 29-Sep-08 20:36:57

Thanks furball, that's encouraging to hear. Mine doesn't hurt either, but I have bitten it three times now accidentally while eating and that was bloody painful and annoying.

The (very nice) surgeon today said it won't go away on its own so I knew I would have to get it sorted eventually.

HollyCat Mon 07-Jan-13 21:55:18

Hi just found this thread. I'm getting mine removed next week and just wondered about the after effects as I want to plan my weekend!
Thanks

Cailleach Mon 07-Jan-13 22:01:10

My mum had one of these under her tongue: it was removed under a local, took about ten minutes to do and she had no pain afterwards.

Funnily enough I now have one of them in the same place; mine's not big enough to cause any issues though and hopefully it will stay that way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now