Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

How long to midge bites usually itch for?

(6 Posts)

Because I was bitten all over my body over two weeks ago, and my whole body still itches and I have red bumps, some big, some tiny pinpricks, that itch like mad.

I'm begining to worry that maybe there is something else wrong with me or causing the bites and itching?

I just want to scratch like mad all the time, and have scratched the skin raw on my torso already sad

WowOoo Wed 17-Sep-08 13:34:54

I had some from holiday that lasted around 2 weeks, maybe longer.
You must STOP SCRATCHING them though as this really makes it worse. The couple that I kept scratching continued to itch while the ones I ignored went away. Hope they go away soon.

Seeline Wed 17-Sep-08 13:36:43

It depends how badly you react to them. I sometimes find that bites that I got several weeks before, and seem to have gone, often start itching again if I get bitten again nearby.

singyswife Wed 17-Sep-08 13:38:49

Take some antihistamine, it really stops the itching and then they heal faster. Also put savlon on them often as the more they dry out the more they itch. (I am speaking from experience here, the little buggers love me)

Thank you everyone, the itching is driving me nuts but I will try to stop scratching them. I have never reacted like this before, but then again I have never been biten this badly before.

I am off to buy some antihistamine now!smile

singyswife Wed 17-Sep-08 20:24:17

Do you feel better now???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now