Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Cerazette - how long till periods return after stopping?

(10 Posts)
twosofar Fri 29-Aug-08 06:31:07

I started taking Cerazette on 1st July but after the end of the fist packet I couldn't hack the constant bleeding. I realise I didn't give it very long, but I was expecting spotting, not a 28 day long heavy period. It was hideous. Periods have still not returned. Am I just being impatient? Also terrified may be pg as had rather tipsy evening (with DP of course!) and not quite sure how, or rather where it ended up IYSWIM blush

emma1977 Fri 29-Aug-08 15:02:49

You are being a bit impatient, but if there is any chance of an accidental pregnancy, then get yourself a test to be sure.

AnnVan Fri 29-Aug-08 15:25:07

Wow twosofar - I was on Cerazette, but I never had any probs with it. I found it brilliant so can't give you any advice on the periods thing though.

I think you may be a little impatioent though, it can take time for these things to work out of your system. Everyone's different though as to how long it takes.

glosbint Mon 27-Oct-08 21:37:08

I have been taking Cerazette for 4 months for 2 months my period stopped completely and I thought this pill was fantastic, but month 3 I had a 2 week period so I contacted my doctor and was told to double my cerazette dose, a week later my period stopped here I am though month 4 and am now on week 4 of the most horendous period ever (worse than post natal bleeding) painful & heavy with clots, My hubby has just thrown the rest of my pills in the bin and told me to see the doctor tomorrow, we both just want a normal menstrual cycle back so we no where we stand.

lily333 Wed 29-Oct-08 20:14:11

I was on cerazette for 2 years until 8 weeks ago ( I started to get loads of side-effects suddenly) and have only just had a period. Did start to panic thinking either I was pregnant or infertile!

Claire236 Wed 29-Oct-08 20:28:58

I was on Cerazette for about 3 months & didn't suit me at all. Have now been off it for 10 weeks & still no period.

JustKeepScreamingInFear Wed 29-Oct-08 20:31:18

see here for other Cerazette stories

stargirl99 Fri 22-Oct-10 22:55:25

hi, I have been on cerazette for five years it was a nightmare at first big period and terrible mood swings I was up and down with it for ages. It settled down after a few months then all fine. have had no periods in five years but am stopping it tomorrow to try for baby girl. Am a bit worried how heavy and long the first period will be after coming off it, as have heard so many horror stories. Also dont know wether to try straight away as there is a fertile window straight after or to wait for first period. does any one have any advice?

Casmama Fri 22-Oct-10 23:05:50

I came off cerazette after five years, had one quite light period after 6 weeks, one 26 days later and then got pregnant. Good luck.

I've been on Cerazette for the past 6 months and haven't had any bleeding at all.

For years I was on the combined pill, then I had DS and went on the mini pill so I could bf DS.

I like Cerazette, although I have read some bad stories about it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now