Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Feeling tired all the time, dizzy spells, even when sitting, frequent headaches....?

(17 Posts)
WeeBesom Wed 25-Jun-08 19:19:23

What could it be?

I am so tired all the time I feel like the living dead. I am getting a lot of dizzy spells and have frequent headaches.

Any ideas? Could it be blood pressure related?

Don't know if I should bother my gp, what do you think?

jangly Wed 25-Jun-08 19:28:40

You wouldn't be "bothering" your gp. You would simply be consulting him and that's what he's there for. Isn't high blood pressure supposed to be sympton-less? Perhaps it could be low, but wouldn't think that would cause headaches. Go and see doc. Probably stress related but you might as well get yourself checked. You pay your national insurance don't you?!

maisykins Wed 25-Jun-08 19:29:18

lot of possible reasons ranging from trivial to serious - would go to GP asap - GP's job is to be "bothered". Please just get checked out.

mammyjo Wed 25-Jun-08 19:32:16

Could you be anaemic? The symptoms you list could be that, definitely worth a trip to the GP. Hope you sort things out smile

WeeBesom Wed 25-Jun-08 19:37:48

Thanks for all your replies. I thought possibly low blood pressure as I have had it before (though that was in pregnancy and I am definitely not pregnant). Didn't have headaches then though.

Never thought about it being stress related, I suppose it could be, two young kids, moving house and illness in the family at the moment. There is always something to be stressed about.

How do you know if you are anaemic? I guess I would need a blood test?

Will phone the docs in the morning, promise!

mammyjo Wed 25-Jun-08 20:23:09

Some symptoms of anaemia are feeling tired, looking pale, breathlessness, headaches smile

mammyjo Wed 25-Jun-08 20:24:11

To confirm it you would need a blood test, yes.

Psychomum5 Wed 25-Jun-08 20:27:15

anaemic!!!

exactly how I feel when I am anaemic.

Olihan Wed 25-Jun-08 20:30:57

Are you having any heart palpatations, weight loss and feeling very hot all the time?

Just wondering about overactive thyroid, which isn't uncommon after having a baby.

Also needs a blood test to diagnose so definitely a trip to the GP!

littlepig Wed 25-Jun-08 20:45:57

tired and dizzy could be low blood pressure but headaches would be more likely to be high blood pressure.

Anaemia is also possible... if you look at the finger under your nails, what colour are they? Also if you pull your bottom eyelid away from your eye a little and get someone to look at it sometimes it can be very pale pink instead of red, which might give you a clue.

It's probaby also worth getting your sugar level checked...

WeeBesom Thu 26-Jun-08 13:45:12

Don't have any heart palpitations, not losing weight (i wish!) and don't feel hot all the time.

Will get everything checked out. Feeling terrible again today. sad

littlepig Thu 26-Jun-08 17:02:44

Do you have any other symptoms?

Do you drink a lot (of fluid!)? Do you pee a lot?

Hope you feel better soon? (Get that Dr phoned! )

sophiajane Thu 26-Jun-08 17:13:48

I had very similar symptoms with an inner ear infection.

Thought I had something much more serious the dizziness was so bad but the relief of going to the gp was enormous.

See your GP!!

solarpoweredbarbarella Thu 26-Jun-08 17:23:10

I have been feeling exactley like that, I went to docs yesterday and had blood test but I have been taking flurodix an iron supplemnt for a few days and am definatley feeling better. You could give it a go it certainly woyuldn't hurt.

Blondie111 Fri 31-May-13 23:53:51

I'm going through this atm. Bloods came back clear waiting on ECG now x

sheeesh Sat 01-Jun-13 00:11:57

If you have a blood test ask to have your thyroid levels checked. I have under active thyroid and it was diagnosed after o asked the Dr to check for anaemia as I was constantly tired.

The past couple of months I was feeling dizzy and having terrible headaches. My yearly blood test showed that my levels were low again. Mess increased to 100mg and headaches and dizziness have gone.

sheeesh Sat 01-Jun-13 00:13:01

Meds not mess

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now