Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sinisitis and a nose that makes a 'popping' sound when im asleep?

(10 Posts)
shatteredmumsrus Mon 25-Feb-08 19:28:54

Hi, my partner tells me that my nose makes a popping noise when i am sleeping. It sometimes wakes him up, he is a light sleeper.I have recently had sinisitis and still have. Started off with a sore throat, constant nose blowing and then a cold and pain in my forehead and cheeks. Got erothromycin from the doctors, this was 9 days ago and still bunged up and nose blowing and generally feeling rough!Anyone got any previous experience of 'popping' nose noises?Am i an alien?

poodlepusher Tue 26-Feb-08 20:51:54

It does sound like a sinus infection. You may need another course of antibiotics.
Nasal spray helped me when nothing else would - Bercanase(spelling?) which is about £3 over the counter.

singyswife Tue 26-Feb-08 20:54:14

ROFL at Am I am Alien?? Brilliant. Sinus infections are shit. Sounds like you need more ab's. Hope you are better soon

southeastastra Tue 26-Feb-08 20:55:53

beconase is £3? oh no i got some on prescription £6 odd grr.

beconase is good, also salt water. i've had erothromycin too for sinisitus, ended the course a couple of weeks ago and still feel bunged up a bit. think it takes a while to clear.

poodlepusher Tue 26-Feb-08 20:57:08

You might have had a "big bottle" of beconase?

shatteredmumsrus Thu 28-Feb-08 13:54:01

Sorry to annoy you but my doctor said ' ill give you 2 to save prescription charges'! I couldnt believe it either. My doc said that abs dont work just make the patient feel like they are doing something.

Mistymoo Thu 28-Feb-08 13:57:45

The beconase that is sold over the counter is different to the beconase that you get on prescription. My pharmacist checked it out for me last time I needed it.

southeastastra Thu 28-Feb-08 13:59:38

oh confusion!

my sinus has cleared but i still have a bit of pain when i touch my cheek. guess it just takes ages to clear. it's so horrible.

cheeryface Thu 28-Feb-08 14:02:16

i have been having the same trouble. i was feeling so awful i got ab's off the doctor and i feel much better now but, when i wake up in the morning i can feel/hear snap crackle and pop in the top of my nose!!,

shatteredmumsrus Thu 28-Feb-08 19:03:39

oooh its painful i had popping ears and nose. A horrible illness, knocked me for six. Had it over 2 weeks now. Anyone else got or had a popping nose? All the time not just when ill?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now