Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

At what age did your tits start to sag?

(97 Posts)

Or maybe they haven't yet. If not, go away

I just turned 45 a couple of months ago and have noticed my small boobs just aren't as pert as they once were. And to be perfectly honest they ARE sagging!

What can possibly look worse than SMALL sagging boobs?

I breastfed two kids for over 2 years each. I never needed to wear a bra when younger but once pregnant always wore a good support bra and have continued to do so except sleeping of course.

Sigh.

FGS - Does no one else have tits starting to go South?

FluffyMummy123 Sun 15-Jul-07 22:25:02

Message withdrawn

quadrophenia Sun 15-Jul-07 22:25:30

well i think at 45 you have done pretty bloody well

CrookshanksinJimmyChoos Sun 15-Jul-07 22:25:45

Oh ok....yes me.....<sigh>

Just make sure you only ever do it in the missionary from now on cos then they re-distribute themselves and you still look hot....

themoon66 Sun 15-Jul-07 22:26:45

45? stop showing off.

Am of double D norkage and gravity found them around the age of 26.

Bubble99 Sun 15-Jul-07 22:27:38

cod's are so sky-high, they're in a NASA programme, or so I've heard.

Surgery, pronto! My girl.

stressteddy Sun 15-Jul-07 22:27:39

about 12

phew... Thought I was alone....

go away Cod!

funnypeevesculiar Sun 15-Jul-07 22:28:03

45?
Bitch
I am 35 and also of the small-titted variety. Defn not friends with the word pert anymore <sigh>

TheMoistWorldOfSeptimusQuench Sun 15-Jul-07 22:29:55

Stessteddy - you beat me to it. Mine sagged as soon as they appeared. Am 30G

stressteddy Sun 15-Jul-07 22:35:13

34 E here - oh septimus quench - we droop united!

MollyWeasleyWays Sun 15-Jul-07 22:36:00

I still pass the pencil test

Nemo2007 Sun 15-Jul-07 22:37:26

mine sagged as soon as they sprouted..however they are H~U~G~E

Nemo2007 Sun 15-Jul-07 22:37:56

as for pencil test, I could hold a complete pencil case

TheMoistWorldOfSeptimusQuench Sun 15-Jul-07 22:38:06

at mollyweasley

weebleswobble Sun 15-Jul-07 22:39:12

It's difficult to know when they've sagged when you've got a G cup, but a definite change of consistency occurred at 40. Kind of more marshmallow.

MollyWobbles Sun 15-Jul-07 22:48:16

D'you like my new name (from Filch)

Molly - surely the more they sag the better able they are to pass pencil test?

I mean I never could hold a pencil up when younger!

Does anyone remember that Bette Midler routine about her boobs?

notasheep Sun 15-Jul-07 22:50:08

my tits have never been big enough to sag

Sixer Sun 15-Jul-07 22:50:47

South, south, FFS mine are in Lands end.

MollyWobbles Sun 15-Jul-07 22:51:02

No, you pass the pencil test if you cannot hold it

Nope - have officially FAILED pencil test!

JARM Sun 15-Jul-07 22:53:32

im nearly 25, on baby number 3 and i seriously fail the pencil test!

i'm 30 and mine are, well, not what they used to be shall we say but i have bf 4 dc's and console myself with the fact that it was for their benefit

not awful yet but i'm sure its only a matter of time ......

<<.........spends time pondering on plastic surgey...........>>>

Implants or just um, readjustment?

JoolsToo Sun 15-Jul-07 23:00:07

well those of you who 'know' me know I'm no spring chick and mine sans sag, if I say so myself [smug]

what's sans sag?

oh i don't know km i know mothing about plastic surgey i just long for nice looking tits again!

Beauregard Sun 15-Jul-07 23:04:52

Too small to sag

Beauregard Sun 15-Jul-07 23:05:15

mine i mean,lol

HAH! Pelvic - that's what I thought!

Nobody's too small

Beauregard Sun 15-Jul-07 23:06:18

[scared]

expatinscotland Sun 15-Jul-07 23:06:18

After my second child.

Luckily, I also lost a cup size after breastfeeding, so they don't sag as much as they would have!

Still, if I won the lotto I'd have them done.

Sixer Sun 15-Jul-07 23:07:51

Ahhh Yep, Can definitely hold a pencil case.

What would you do to them expat - stuff em or pull em up?

I wish I could remember that Bette Midler routine it was hysterical. It was about pencil test and how she could fit a whole fucking typewriter under hers!

Nightynight Sun 15-Jul-07 23:34:48

mine also sagged as soon as they appeared. Have never had non-sagging breasts

sweetkitty Sun 15-Jul-07 23:39:53

I had lovely pert 34D boobs pre children, then 4 years of pregnant/BFing/pregnant/BFing has taken it's toll. They are about a 34B and like 2 ping pong balls in an old sock. Am pregnant again so hopefully they will grow again for a bit but can you imagine what they will be like after another baby?

Just have to invest in good wonderbras!

Yeah but...

it's when the bra comes off that I worry!

Sixer Sun 15-Jul-07 23:40:57

am only a 34 b (b=below waist) I now hold them up with pencil cases, attached to pipe cleaners, with elastic bands and paper clips holding the whole thing together. How creative are we.?

Desiderata Sun 15-Jul-07 23:43:31

I had great, pert 36C boobs until I breastfed (for a mere six weeks). Overnight, they became puppies ears. Their all shrivelled and there's no substance to them anymore.

They still look OK in a bra, but yep. They're shadows of their former selves.

Desiderata Sun 15-Jul-07 23:44:29

And that should be 'they're all shrivelled.'

<my intellect went south at roughly the same time>

Damn kids!

I'm thinking all that breastfeeding is what did mine in as well!

mollymawk Sun 15-Jul-07 23:45:41

Lucky you. BF-ing knackered mine. Re the pencil test, I remember Victoria Wood's excellent line - "A pencil? I could hold a small branch of W H Smith under one of mine".

TheArmadillo Sun 15-Jul-07 23:46:15

HAve always had big tits. They started to sag early.

Could bf in practically any position though - baby on floor, me standing = no prob

(ok slight exaggeration).

yajorome Sun 15-Jul-07 23:48:48

I've taken to standing in front of the mirror and seeing what a lift would look like. Tis very tempting...

sigh.

I've done that recently!

ShinyHarryPplHoldingPortkeys Sun 15-Jul-07 23:51:22

Even v small ones can sag even they you may pass the pencil test.

The test for small breasted women wishing to know if their tits have begun to sag or not is to examine themselves critically in mirror.. naked.. and see if they seem to protude from lower down your body than they used to.

Then, get on hands and knees with chest facing floor. Look down at tits. Do they hang there like cow's udders? Do they resemble little empty socks? Or the corners of carrier bags?

Of you can answer yes to any of these.. the sag has set in.

Cow udders!

[shudder]

EscapeFrom Mon 16-Jul-07 00:04:08

25 =- but I have 40E cup barps.

loopylou6 Mon 16-Jul-07 09:44:10

ohhhhhhh i feel all nostalgic now, i remember when mine where beautiful little 34 b's all bouncy and pert, then i got pregnant...i stupidly believed someone who told me that it was good for the boobs not to wear a bra in pregnancy, summit about working the muscles and keeping them toned and pert-WHAT A BARE FACED LIAR anyway now i have really large (40 f/g) boobs and they are saggy BUT just to cheer us up, did u see the state of lauras from BB? and she hasnt even ahd kids

slinkyjo Mon 16-Jul-07 09:46:14

lmao god help us all

Hulababy Mon 16-Jul-07 09:46:21

Not yet, but they of the small varity. Like the fact that in the summer, esp on holiday, I can get away without a bra. Sometimes feels like luxury when it is hot and humid!

schneebly Mon 16-Jul-07 09:47:16

since they started Have never had pert breasts even at the age of 12.

saggers Mon 16-Jul-07 09:51:36

Mine have passed the point of no return. I'm 39. I'm a 36B usually, but 36D at the moment as still breastfeeding and a bit overweight. They'll be like oranges in a pair of socks in a few months time. Tragic.

I thought it would make me feel better knowing I'm not alone.

But it doesn't. It just makes me for ALL of us.

At least my nipples don't point down. Do they end up doing that?

saggers Mon 16-Jul-07 21:27:58

Mine do . (One of them more so than the other!) At least my nickname's apt...

It's not the sagging that bothers me, it's the swaying in the breeze. Mine are definitely longer than they were. Like tennis balls in tube socks.

My nipples point outwards, east and west. Perhaps I should use my cleavage when lost to find due north?

UCM Wed 25-Jul-07 23:03:20

When I got fat, which was a few years back and I never had kids to blame. Such as life.

I remember being in a changing room with a very slim lady and her tits were about an inch off her belly button. Mind you I expect that if I lost my belly, my breasts would be in fucking Brighton.

My ex-Dh once said: 'well if you did have kids and your tits sagged you could always get them done'

I replied that I'd rather get him done to prevent procreation as a service to humanity.

My granny appeared to have three stomachs at first glance. Hers literally fell either side of her belly. It was irksome!

She never wore a bra though.

VeniVidiVickiQV Wed 25-Jul-07 23:05:02

They were never particularly 'pert'.

But, I did have size 36D boobs at age 14. I was only a size 10 too....

cornsilk Wed 25-Jul-07 23:06:05

Mine always felt different after kids - another thing I didn't know about. They haven't started to sag yet though - I'm 40. In fact they're quite okay - lots of chest exercises!

VVVQV - I had similar problems. I also had to wear a bra at nine so I reckon my tits were old before their time.

They are as old as them there hills (with the same landslide problems!)

All together now:

Do your boobs hang low
Do they wobble to and fro
Can you tie them in a knot
Can you tie them in a bow
Can you toss them over your shoulder,
like a regimental soldier,
do your boobs, hang low?

Oooh do pop over to erogrannies.com - you'll feel like Pamela Anderson in comparison!!!

VeniVidiVickiQV Wed 25-Jul-07 23:09:06

LOL!

"I must,
I must,
I must increase my bust"

Mine were late arriving, but they came pretty quickly when they did.

nightowl Wed 25-Jul-07 23:10:46

as soon as i grew them?

they've never been pert. not that natural F cups ever will (is my excuse).

couldnt go braless, would graze them on the pavement.

cornsilk Wed 25-Jul-07 23:12:36

I'm more worried about my stomach. Anyone got any good tips for a toned up tummy?

nightowl Wed 25-Jul-07 23:14:37

i wish!!

VeniVidiVickiQV Wed 25-Jul-07 23:16:55

Surgery?

Cornsilk, when I had my CS, the surgeon was young, pretty and female, and she sewed my stomach muscles really tightly 'to help me get my figure back quicker' - it worked too - although it was very painful for a bit.

Bit of an extreme way to do it though - perhaps you could try crunches instead of crunchies. That can help

cornsilk Wed 25-Jul-07 23:20:04

Hmm - didn't have a C section but very fond of crunchies!
is that why all the celebs have C sections then?

Nah, they have to protect the tightness of their arses so they can continue to talk out of them

It's funny, I never even had the (hopefully) temporary flab apron most women get post partum (you know when you look like a balloon the day after the party).

cornsilk Wed 25-Jul-07 23:24:24

I am very, very jealous WMMC.
I hate sit ups.

Oh don't worry, I have lots of arse flab and bingo wings to make up for it. Also my belly button is hugely bigger than it used to be which freaks me out every time I notice it.

Also I did have a 14 hour induced labour with contractions every minute for 45 seconds with no pain relief. It's not like I checked in with a little 'cut here' line drawn on me (would have trimmed my ladygarden had that been the case - they virtually got the strimmers out!)

23. After breast feeding

foxinsocks Wed 25-Jul-07 23:28:22

just don't look too closely in the mirror

or do what I do and only put on your glasses AFTER you have your clothes on

isn't this why underwired bras are so useful/necessary?

Foxinsocks - as soon as I have stopped bfing, I'm getting a ficking CORSET - at least then you get the appearance of a decent chest!

cornsilk Wed 25-Jul-07 23:31:40

Underwired bras and control knickers (Bridget jones like)

Can't help thinking the demise of stockings may well be due to women being irked by the sights of elastic tops digging into flab - or muffin tops on the thighs as well as the hips.

cornsilk Wed 25-Jul-07 23:34:56

Muffin tops!

foxinsocks Wed 25-Jul-07 23:35:47

don't - it is easier to let it all hang in its natural place surely - rather than squashing it to appear elsewhere

Yeah, remember when you'd put a suspender belt on and you'd look like a chicken divided into portions?

Ooh darn sexy look that missus

Hold ups that roll down and clips that unclip when you walk.

LadyOfTheFlowers Wed 25-Jul-07 23:37:50

my ladybumps took a hell of a beating after first pregnancy at 22.
they ballooned 3 cup sizes then returned to their normal size but are some what more 'lived in' now.

Mine aren't so much 'lived in' as having a 'cellar conversion'

margosbeenplayingwithmynoonoo Thu 26-Jul-07 00:08:54

Kerrymum - you're 45?

I had you down as an early 30's lady.

I had saggy boobs at 28 pre childbirth

kama Thu 26-Jul-07 00:12:43

Mine definately are not sagging. However, they are in no way as pert as they were before pregnancy/breastfeeding. I would still go topless on a beach, but they definately wouldn't be confused for being fake.

kama Thu 26-Jul-07 00:14:48

I'm 23.

By the way, a male friend of mine told me a few weeks ago that he only considers breasts to be sagging if the nipples are pointing down. He said 'ofcourse if the breasts are big they are going to hang a little, is that meant to be bad??' Voice of reason. (and he wasn't saying this to comfort me as mine are now tiny )

electra Thu 26-Jul-07 00:58:33

I had decent boobs before I had children but they did always sag a tiny bit. Then I spent 4 years breastfeeding. It's funny how even one evening feed can keep them "there" at least. Then one day I noticed how awful they had become - I was mortified and I'm still only 27

chipmonkey Thu 26-Jul-07 01:14:57

Mine were never pert, and they weren't even that big when I was in my teens!

I have to resurrect this thread now to post this:

An 83-year old woman decided that she'd seen and done everything, and the time had come to depart from this world.
After considering various methods of doing away with herself, she came to the conclusion that the quickest and surest method would be to shoot herself through the heart. The trouble was, she wasn't certain about exactly where her heart was, so she phoned her doctor and asked him. He told her that her heart was located two inches below her left nipple.
So she shot herself in the left kneecap.

meysey Mon 30-Jul-07 09:46:38

salute the sun!
Kerrymumbledore, can completely sympathise with small tits sagging dilemma...seems doubly unfair... but it's amazing what a bit of yoga can do, even a few minutes at home... have managed to perk mine up a fair bit...

IntergalacticWalrus Mon 30-Jul-07 09:57:30

Mine could have held a regional branch of Staples underneath them when I was in my late teens. I have never been perky of nork, sadly

I am a 36 F, but my tits look like a couple od odd sized oranges dropped into a pair of football socks.

I'd have surgery if I could afford it. I hate the way my breasts look

MaloryTheExciterTowers Mon 30-Jul-07 10:04:53

mine started the to sag when my pert 34 dds grew to 38h when pg with dd1

stayed MASSIVE til she was about 4m old then returned to old size with HOIDEOUS stetched skin

like two huge deflated ballooons

but hey ho im still gorgoues

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now