Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Toothache making me feel dog rough

(5 Posts)
user128057 Fri 25-Nov-16 12:54:30

So as the title says I've had toothache and mouth ulcers for nearly 2 weeks now. I am taking strong painkillers but I feel really rough.

I have no energy, feel lightheaded, sick, have a headache and just want to sleep.

Is there anything I can do to make myself a little bit more normal as I have work in a few hours

TIA

Haggisfish Fri 25-Nov-16 12:55:33

Have you been to dentist? If not, go there. Vit b.

user128057 Fri 25-Nov-16 12:59:18

No I haven't been I've been putting it off I'm afraid. I have a phobia of the dentist and hate all the stuff they put in your mouth. It makes me gag.

Will definitely give the vitamins a go thank you.

Maudlinmaud Fri 25-Nov-16 13:10:20

Clove oil on the gum to help with toothache. I would def make an appoint with your dentist as it won't go away without treatment. I had two fillings replaced on wed, it really wasn't painful. They used magic cream to numb the area before freezing.
It was over in no time.

Potatoooooo Fri 25-Nov-16 14:41:19

Best to go get some antibiotics from the dentist, they won't do anything with it other than look at it, x-ray it, and then give you antibiotics. They'll then determine whether they can save the tooth or not, and you can decide what you want to do from there.

It's best to go get the antibiotics though to stop the infection from spreading.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now