Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mild pain/ aching in breasts - worth seeing GP?

(5 Posts)
RainDancer Thu 24-Nov-16 21:55:24

For about the past couple of months I have had mild pain/ aching/ tight sort of feeling in both breasts on and off. At first I thought it might be connected to periods as, although I have never suffered from it, I know friends often say that their breasts get sore just before their period, but it has persisted throughout the months. No other obvious problems/ changes. Can't feel any lumps or other abnormalities. Stopped breastfeeding over 3 years ago so not connected to that. I'm 42. Should I get it checked or is it most likely just 'one of those things'? Doesn't really feel serious enough to see a doctor about!

Potatoooooo Fri 25-Nov-16 14:44:08

If it doesn't go then I would get it checked out, as it's making you feel uncomfortable I assume?
Does taking ibuprofen get rid of the pain?

I have had breast pain, it was a weird tight, pulling sensation like you describe. I felt around and found that my muscles had obviously been pulled at some point and the ligaments/muscles surrounding the top of my breast were tender and causing a mild ache.

chopchopchop Fri 25-Nov-16 14:48:56

I've had this a few times and went through all sorts of checkups, all of which found nothing. In the end I realised that it was connected with either losing or gaining weight, and mostly meant that I needed to get a new bra.

RainDancer Fri 25-Nov-16 20:40:24

Thanks both. I probably do need some new bras! And I have lost a bit of weight, so that may well be it.

Potatoooooo Fri 25-Nov-16 21:01:06

Do go get it checked if the pain doesn't go soon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now