Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Constipated or what?

(3 Posts)
Cerseilannisterinthesnow Thu 24-Nov-16 14:22:57

I'm 28 and for about 2 weeks now I haven't been going to the toilet as usual. Normally I'd go every 2-3 days but I'm going maybe 3-4 days without? When I do have a bm its not overly hard or how I'd imagine it to look of constipated.

I'm still eating as normal and haven't got stomach pain but I'm just not getting the urge to go as often. It's just strange because I don't feel constipated.

I started a new job in the community 3 months ago so am on the move a lot, I don't get a lot of chances to grab a drink although I do take water with me, my diet isn't fantastic but I try to get as much fruit and veg and fibre as possible.

I take omeprazole for suspected gerd or hiatus hernia and quite often take peptac liquid if my stomach is particularly bad. I take micronor contraceptive pill also

So I'm scratching my head really and starting to worry a little

Footle Thu 24-Nov-16 17:54:24

Significant changes in bowel habits are one of the things you're supposed to see the GP about, as one possible though unlikely cause is bowel cancer.

Cerseilannisterinthesnow Thu 24-Nov-16 19:36:27

Yeah I think the advice is 6 weeks before seeing a gp about it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now