Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Difficulty Breathing

(3 Posts)
RayofFuckingSunshine Thu 24-Nov-16 13:04:47

Hoping someone can help shed some light. For nearly three weeks I've had difficulty getting a deep enough breath. I feel like I need to take a deep breath in, I try and try, eventually I manage to take one, I breathe easy for a minute or so until I need to breathe deeply again and the cycle restarts.

I've been to the GP. There is nothing physically wrong that can be found with an initial physical exam, I'm booked in for blood tests in about a month to see if there is anything there although it's unlikely. I have no allergies and am not anxious/stressed over anything.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm getting desperate now, it's really uncomfortable and frankly, annoying!

Gracey1231 Sun 27-Nov-16 03:59:58

it's called air hunger! i have this! weirdly mine kicks in when I have a costochondritis flare up so if you have pain in your ribs/sternum it could be that

Also mine tends to flare up when my bra is too tight as well, it's unpleasant. When you can't get those big breaths in, just relax, the more we focus on breathing, the harder it is!

DottyGiraffe Sun 27-Nov-16 09:42:32

Yes - air hunger. I've had some guidance on this due to breathing issues. Apparently we feel we need to take in loads of air but actually we don't and it's kind of training our brains not to panic about our bodies only taking in small amounts because that's all it needs. (If only my brain could accept that!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now