Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Dental implants - Hertfordshire?

(15 Posts)
GlumsTheWord Wed 23-Nov-16 10:18:22

Could anyone recommend me a good dental clinic in Herts that does implants? I have just had a very scary visit to the dentist and it looks like I need two implants. He says that he can't do the work himself, but will refer me and reckons the whole thing will cost about £3500 <loosens collar nervously>.

Does anyone have any recommendations/ advice on the process/ thoughts on the price? TIA

anywinewilldonow Wed 23-Nov-16 12:03:24

The Ware Centre of Dental Excellence is very good

GlumsTheWord Wed 23-Nov-16 15:37:52

Thanks anywine - do you mind me asking what you had done there and what their prices are like?

Brillig Wed 23-Nov-16 15:44:53

They do cost a lot, unfortunately. I can't help with recommendations in your area as mine was done in London, but to reassure you about the process, it was absolutely fine and non-scary. Didn't feel a thing and I really mean that.

The initial drilling into the bone, i.e. putting the titanium screw in, took one session. Then I went away until it all healed - can't recall exactly how long but a month, 6 weeks perhaps? Then back for the crown bit.

The finances were a lot more painful than the procedure, in other words....! I had one and it was about £1500. Still in place, all fine, no problems. You have to look after it and ensure you floss etc and keep the gums healthy around the implant.

Brillig Wed 23-Nov-16 15:46:25

Sorry, x-posted with Glums but just to be clear, my comments don't refer to the place she mentioned, just my own experience.

Brillig Wed 23-Nov-16 15:47:42

I mean anywine confused Not doing very well here!

anywinewilldonow Wed 23-Nov-16 16:10:12

I had veneers done, but it was a few years back. Can't help with how much implants might be, sorry!

GlumsTheWord Wed 23-Nov-16 19:28:57

Thanks Brillig, it is reassuring to hear that it wasn't too painful. The cost is making me rather worried - typical that it comes just before Christmas - and both my dc have their birthdays in December. I am on antibiotics because one of the teeth has an infection and I am in so much pain - the thought of more pain stretched over months is just horrible!

anywine - I will take a look at the Ware Centre - thanks for the suggestion.

Brillig Thu 24-Nov-16 18:55:19

Sorry to hear that, Glums. I wouldn't have thought they'd want to touch it while you were having problems with pain and infection?

Mine was a bit different because I'd lost the tooth a while before (thanks to another dentist who thought it was cracked - though it wasn't angry) so they weren't taking one out and replacing it with the implant straight away, iyswim. Because I'd been without a tooth there for a year or so they needed to do a special scan to make sure there was enough bone for the implant to sit in (which there was - otherwise they'd have had to build it up and the process would have taken a bit longer).

MikeUniformMike Thu 24-Nov-16 19:01:17

NovaCare in Watford (Dr Sunny). I had a few done there and not regretted it.

RNBrie Thu 24-Nov-16 19:05:35

I had one done in London. Be wary when comparing prices is my only advice. My dentist quoted me £3k but I had it done at dental care plus who charged me £1750. But there is a £75 annual check up charge to keep up the guarantee over 10 years which adds up to another £750. I wish I'd just had it done at my dentist and then the guarantee/check ups would have been included in the price I already pay to see him anyway.

tallulahturtle Fri 25-Nov-16 23:11:12

Paul Cruci in Gerard's cross

tallulahturtle Fri 25-Nov-16 23:11:22

Gerard's cross

tallulahturtle Fri 25-Nov-16 23:11:39

Stupid spell check Gerrards Cross.

user1480245482 Sun 27-Nov-16 11:35:01

You might check out prices on dentalimplantsfriends com, they list lots of overseas clinics that offer reasonable prices and top notch work

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now