Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

MRI scan results

(4 Posts)
Maddymoo123 Tue 22-Nov-16 23:31:05

Hi can anybody offer any advice as I'm going out of my mind with worry !! I had a full head MRI scan last week cause of a problem with my ear and I've got the results back today and the consultant says it's shows a small swelling on the left side and has referred me to see a neurologist, he didn't tell me anything else, I am now just so panicking and totally thinking the worst ?? Can anybody help or had a similar experience ?? I've been googling stuff all night and probably made myself 100 times worse 😥

Le1890 Wed 23-Nov-16 00:31:28

Hi

I'm sorry you are going through this. My thoughts would be that if I told was urgent then you would have been called in right away not being referred on. I take it he didn't say what kind of swelling?

What's about giving the consultant call tomorrow and asking for a bit more information? Hopefully that can allieviate some of your fears.

Was it an MRI with contrast?

I know it's easy for me to say but try not to worry. Stay away from google. It is not your friend. I hadn't a scan a few years back for something on my liver and I googled myself sick. As a result I now have an anxiety disorder. It turned out to be a benign cyst. Xxx

Maddymoo123 Wed 23-Nov-16 04:55:06

Hi thankyou for your reply, no he didn't say anything other than a small swelling ?? Other than the whooshing in my right ear I've no other symptoms,, yes I had the contrast dye MRI, I'm the worlds worrier as it is so I can't help but think the worst

Footle Wed 23-Nov-16 11:00:47

Ring the consultant's secretary and explain. She/he is your best route for finding out any more information. The main hospital reception should be able to tell you how to get the secretary's number.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now