Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone on micronor?

(3 Posts)
Cerseilannisterinthesnow Tue 22-Nov-16 13:48:29

I've been taking micronor for 19 months now since DD was born and it has been fine really up until about the past couple of weeks.

I've noticed I'm a little constipated and not going to the toilet as often as usual, usually every other day but I can go 2-3 days now and also had a couple of days last week with excruciating pelvic pain. A little reading on it had shown some people start to have problems around this point taking this pill so I'm wondering if I should change even though It generally agrees with me

Cherylene Tue 22-Nov-16 13:53:07

Effect of progesterone/progestogens. It slows down smooth muscle. Combined pill also does this, but at least you get a week off to normalise.

Prunes for breakfast?

Cerseilannisterinthesnow Tue 22-Nov-16 13:55:37

Migh have to start having prunes for breakfast! Just so surprised it's took this long to have that effect on me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now