Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Feel like I'd be a pest if I went to the gp

(3 Posts)
TheDollyLlama Mon 21-Nov-16 18:44:35

I hate bothering the doctor and spent the end of last year / start of this year in and out with an infected cyst and felt like a pain then so have been putting this off.

I have been EXHAUSTED lastly, I've started going to bed by half 9 latest and sleep until 7am. I'm fine all morning but by the afternoon I'm falling asleep at my desk.

I've had a couple of other issues too, blurred vision every now again (just got some new glasses which have helped a little, it's not as often now) had a couple of episodes of feeling like the floors moving (not fainting or anything) and feeling distant and hazy. It's really affecting my work and becoming quite noticeable with my manager. I just can't seem to focus!

Lastly, I've been losing toenails! I've lost 2 so far! After 2 months my big toenails went yellow so I've been treating it for a fungal but I found it strange that they fell off with no injury / sign of infection or pain!

Now my thought is, could this be a sign of anaemia? I was low when pregnant but my little one is pushing 2 now and I've been ok for this long

Sorry for the long post, just wondered if any mums had any experience. Hate to turn up like I've compiled a list of problems for him!

WhatWouldLeslieKnopeDo Mon 21-Nov-16 23:51:45

It doesn't sound like you'd be wasting their time at all! You have several genuine health concerns.

The exhaustion would certainly fit with anaemia. But you need a blood test and a qualified doctor, not some random person on the Internet.

I hope that you get some answers soon flowers

Corabell Mon 21-Nov-16 23:56:03

You wouldn't be considered a pest! A good GP would listen and run "TATT" bloods - tired all the time - at the very least testing your iron/ ferretin, b12 and thyroid function.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now