Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Painful aching shoulder, elbow and fingers joints any ideas

(2 Posts)
Dickorydockwhatthe Fri 18-Nov-16 15:05:01

I have a really achey painful right shoulder this also radiates to down the back of my arm and underside of my elbow and finger joints and knuckles. It mainly effects my index finger which sometimes stiffens and just aches and I've noticed that the knuckles very slightly swollen compared to my other hand. Can anyone suggest what might be the cause?? I'm hoping it's just a strain but wondering if it's a sign of arthritis 😩

Sosidges Fri 18-Nov-16 19:29:21

I have had the same. I went to GP who oranised X-ray. I am now on anti-inflamatories which have helped. She also booked me some physio but the waiting list is 18 weeks. I am now seeing an oesteopath. I have had 3 sessions and I feel entirely different. I know that I won't be cured as oesteoarthritus is degenerative, but the pain is a lot less. I was a complete miserable cow before, but now the shoulder pain has gone I feel human again.

I also bought an electric shoulder blanket which was half price on Amazon on the recommendation of the Oesteopath. It is wonderful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now