Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

itching, tingly hands and feet....

(6 Posts)
hazeyjane Wed 16-Nov-16 22:03:06

I feel rubbish. I itch everywhere - mostly backs of legs, armpits, C-section scar and vaginal itching. I keep getting a weird itchy tingling in the palms of my hands and feet. I ache all over. I am knackered.

I have tried eczema creams, thrush creams - nothing helps. I did a glucose dipstick at the gps, panicking I was diabetic (I have put weight on over last couple of years that will not shift) but glucose was normal.

Any ideas - or is it the start of the menopause? (I am 47)

mortificado Wed 16-Nov-16 22:04:00

Not really any help from me but have you tried an antihistamine?

mortificado Wed 16-Nov-16 22:04:27

Sorry posted to early! But wanted to say I hope you feel better soon!

hazeyjane Wed 16-Nov-16 22:32:03

Thankyou mortificado, yesI have taken antihistamine thinking it could be allergies (I am a pretty wheezy sort!) but it hasn't made much difference.

It's odd because it comes and goes. I will make appointment with gp as soon as I have no ill children at home!

Monkeyinshoes Wed 16-Nov-16 22:46:24

Lots of different possible causes of itching www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Itching/Pages/Causes.aspx

Could be menopause, could also be anaemia or thyroid issues. Definitely make a doctors appointment.

My husband was getting itchy hands, GP was happy to see him and thought it was a contact allergy. We've since managed to work out he's allergic to methylisothiazolinone preservative that's in a lot of hand soaps and other products.

mortificado Thu 17-Nov-16 10:03:57

How are you feeling this morning? Could you make an over the phone appoint with your gp? I had a similar thing years ago, to the point I scratched myself raw and was bruised head to toe! Turned out to be a viral infection (quick blood test confirmed) and it was gone after 4/5 days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now