Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Epilim side effects

(7 Posts)
AtSea1979 Tue 15-Nov-16 20:37:50

Please tell me the truth. How bad are that side effects?

StillMedusa Tue 15-Nov-16 23:06:41

Usually stomach upsets and shakiness..which usually subsides.
Sometimes hair goes curly which is very odd. Gum issues. In young kids sometimes there seems to be early puberty signs way before there should be, but as an adult that isn't a problem!

I don't take it myself but work with a fair few people who do!

lashesandflashes Tue 15-Nov-16 23:10:46

Made me feel a bit hazy to be honest. I was moved onto lamotrigine and then started a family. Suited me better

lashesandflashes Tue 15-Nov-16 23:11:49

Now off meds completely. Fingers crossed its all behind me. Why do you ask? Are you about to take it?

WicksEnd Tue 15-Nov-16 23:36:21

No side effects for me and I've taken it for, God, can't remember since my late 20's and I'm 46.
Only a lowish dose now a days as I don't want to come off it and risk having a seizure.
Been seizure free ten years.

AtSea1979 Wed 16-Nov-16 09:09:34

For my DD she's 7, seizures since 9 months old. Neurologist now wants to start Epilim, I'm not so sure.

lashesandflashes Thu 17-Nov-16 00:02:51

I think the doctors like to use epilim for the non child bearing years. its effective and that's what's important. Hope she stays seizure free.

Totally understand you're worried but didn't do me any harm. I passed my accountancy exams while on it then switched when I was ready to start a family. Trust your doctors judgement.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now