Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

feeling thirsty all the time!

(4 Posts)
hanban89 Tue 15-Nov-16 12:47:16

I've noticed lately that I have a thirst I cannot quench. It started about 6 weeks ago and I thought it was part of pms (I got very thirsty during pregnancy) so thought it was hormonal. However period came and went but I've still had this mega thirst. I will drink big glasses of water and I feel full, but it hasn't quenched the thirst.
Last night the news had a piece about diabetes, and one of the symptoms was thirst and tiredness, and I was like THATS ME. I have made an appointment with my GP which is next Monday but now I've got myself worried. Anyone else out there that's had a bad thirst and found out what it is?

TwoWeeksInCyprus Wed 16-Nov-16 10:55:16

Have you been eating less than usual? Diets always make me mega thirsty.

harajukubabe Wed 16-Nov-16 10:56:24

Get a check for diabetes?

JellyBabiesSaveLives Wed 16-Nov-16 19:18:48

Diabetes symptoms are Tired, Thirsty, needs the Toilet a lot, getting Thinner. If it's Type 2 it can wait till Monday. Type 1 is more urgent. Anyone can get Type 1 out of the blue at any age. You can buy glucose testing sticks (urine tests) at a pharmacy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now