Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

52 Small Changes - Week 47

(5 Posts)
NightWanderer Tue 15-Nov-16 07:22:15

Week 47 - Slash Sodium

Salt, also known as sodium, is essential to health and well-being when consumed in the right amount. It assists your body in maintaining the right balance of fluids, transmits nerve impulses, and influences the contraction and relaxation of muscles. Too much sodium, however, can contribute to health problems, namely high blood pressure, which can lead to cardiovascular disease and kidney disease. As a result, it's best to keep your sodium intake to a healthy level.

The change

Actively reduce your sodium intake.

Last week's change

NightWanderer Tue 15-Nov-16 07:24:18

I don't think I'm too bad for salt. I tend to eat mostly home-made food. I think take-out and processed food tends to have a lot of salt. Plus salt gives me restless legs.

Stellar67 Tue 15-Nov-16 17:00:36

Thanks NW. Yes I am good at avoiding salt too, and cook from scratch. I do love some sea salt on a baked potato though!

NightWanderer Tue 15-Nov-16 22:22:50

Sounds yum!

Im from Scotland so people used to heap salt on their food. Probably why Scotland has such bad heart attack rates.

I think MFP tracks sodium. I'm rarely over the limit.

Stellar67 Sat 19-Nov-16 13:05:00

I'm from Scotland too! My granny used to pour a small heap of salt on her plate. hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now