Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

CAnt stay awake when it's darkp

(20 Posts)
Halloweensnake Mon 14-Nov-16 19:15:41

its the same every year,at this time.as soon as it's dark..now...I'm falling asleep.i can't stay awake..in the morning I can't wake it untill its light...today it was 7 45 before I dragged my sorry ass out of bed...since 6 30 pm I've been desperate to go to sleep....am I the only one like this..or is it normal?

Toolchest13 Mon 14-Nov-16 19:19:47

I'm exactly the same. I thought it was just me. I've been trying various vitamins but nothing seems to work!

Halloweensnake Mon 14-Nov-16 19:23:23

I'm on so many I rattle...htp5.omegas369. Multi vit.b12. Valencia,potassium.and the pill...9 I take before bed each night.still falling asleep at 6pm ffs

Halloweensnake Mon 14-Nov-16 19:25:16

It's hell in the morning.we are nearly late for school every day..I can't wake up when it's dark..in the summer I'm up when it's light

Halloweensnake Mon 14-Nov-16 19:25:54

I thought it could be sad..but not sure it actually exsists

spankhurst Mon 14-Nov-16 19:27:20

Me too, in fact, I often sneak off for a nap after dinner for an hour just so I can have an evening of some kind.
Seems perfectly logical to me that when it looks like night, we want to sleep semi hibernate.

Halloweensnake Mon 14-Nov-16 19:28:58

If I slept after dinner I'd be down for the night..nothing would get me out of bed short of a fire

Halloweensnake Mon 14-Nov-16 19:30:52

My diet is quite carb heavy at mo....wondering if that could be causing it..I often felt sleepy after a lunchtime sandwich,so packed them in...I keep having toast for tea..so could be that....but I get this every year 😧

MrsPear Mon 14-Nov-16 19:50:25

Hello found you!

Well the NHS website seems to think SAD is real. How about one of those natural daylight clocks?

MrsPear Mon 14-Nov-16 19:54:32

clock

GingerIvy Mon 14-Nov-16 19:54:44

SAD is real, to the best of my knowledge. I'd have to agree with MrsPear about the natural daylight clock. Worth a try.

mogloveseggs Mon 14-Nov-16 19:56:45

snake I'm the same. Early nights do seem to help me. In fact I'm off to bed in about ten mins.

MrsPear Mon 14-Nov-16 20:01:09

Here is another clock I am not a morning person and this time of year is most difficult.

Halloweensnake Mon 14-Nov-16 20:07:04

Oh thanks guys...for finding me...it makes for a long winter,feeling like this..I'm slightly better in the sun,but not much of it around at the moment.never heard of this clock.going to click on the link now

Halloweensnake Mon 14-Nov-16 20:09:43

Ok thanks I've looked at the clock...it would need to be very bright to imitate a summers morning....but I'm getting desperate,so will see if funds allow

wombattoo Mon 14-Nov-16 20:10:16

I think the clocks are very successful. I have the opposite problem. I am always awake by 4am - winter and summer.

Halloweensnake Mon 14-Nov-16 20:22:33

Wommbato,do you find that a blessing in that you can get everything done while the whole house sleeps

wombattoo Tue 15-Nov-16 17:52:24

Sorry I disappeared snake. No, I used to ironing and stuff but now I tend to just loll about in bed. grin

BusterGonad Sun 20-Nov-16 06:59:03

I've had the Lumi clock. It's good. Try it. If that doesn't work then you might have to have a diet over haul.

cushioncovers Sun 11-Dec-16 13:26:49

Same here. In the summer I'm up when it's light sat in the garden drinking tea by 7am washing on the line. In the winter I just want to sleep. I feel like I'm dragging myself through the winter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now