Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Chronic UTI

(4 Posts)
redpriestandmozart Tue 01-Nov-16 16:44:17

I was sent this website by a friend today (I have MS and she thought it might be relevant), maybe it would be useful to those who suffer chronic UTI's, it states that 50% are missed by current testing which leads to further problems. It is a campaign to improve testing and treatment.

www.cutic.co.uk/

www.facebook.com/cuticuk/

I've only had one in my life and can only imagine how miserably it must be for people who are affected by this. Hope you don't mind me sharing this.

rachelamy Tue 01-Nov-16 17:43:21

thank you! this is really helpful from someone who has suffered with recurring uti's for 20 years!

Tanfastic Tue 01-Nov-16 20:30:28

I've just liked the FB page and had a look at the site. Having been there myself this year and I know I had an infection but the cultures just kept coming back as mixed growth. Touch wood mine seems to have gone on its own but I know so many women suffer with this.

NotAMammy Tue 01-Nov-16 20:39:55

Oh there was a piece on yesterday's Women's Hour about this yesterday. Discussing the pros and cons of antibiotics, etc as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now