Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Nightsweats & extreme tiredness

(2 Posts)
StrongerThanIThought76 Tue 01-Nov-16 11:37:09

Hi all

I've had nightsweats on and off for at least 3 years now, increasing frequency to almost every night. Literally dripping wet. Tried various duvets/windows open/pjs/no pjs combos. Totally and utterly exhausted by disrupted sleep. I also have insomnia for which I've tried all sorts of remedies, difficulties dropping off to sleep and when I wake in the night. I'm so tired it seems to be sapping my enthusiasm for everything. I daren't sit down on the sofa even for 5 minutes when I come home from work as I can nod off but I'm incapapble of sleeping a whole night through!

I've been referred to hospital for blood tests (query menopause, thyroid function as well as lots of other things) which have come back as 'unremarkable'.

I'm 40 and have a Mirena coil which is due to be replaced soon. I've been reading that this can cause my symptoms, but it is also good for controlling symptoms in perimenopausal women (my mum had menopause at 46 but was over in a couple of months) so I'm really confused.

Any suggestions please?

Lovemusic33 Tue 01-Nov-16 13:05:09

Just came on here to start a similar thread. I am 34 and experiencing the same, the lack of sleep is really taking its toll. I wake many times in the night in a pool of sweat but shivering. I have been suffering from insomnia, stress and anxiety, I have tried several anti depressants over the past few months but am currently taking nothing. I'm not sure if it's just down to stress and anxiety but whatever it is it's really getting me down. I gave had blood tests which have all come back clearl

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now