Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

PMT. Anyone else?

(3 Posts)
HumberLass Thu 27-Oct-16 20:48:06

Does anyone else get awful PMT. Honestly I feel it come over me and for a few days I hate myself, and everything else. I have tried every pill under the sun, the injection and the coil, and then decided to veto hormones totally and am now on the copper coil, which i've been on a couple of years now thinking when the hormones were my own i'd be more sane. Hell no, the me without artificial hormones is a b*tch from hell. I have no patience with DH or DC and would happily sit all day alone with nothing to irritate me. Anyone tried anything thats really helped?

crispandcheesesanwichplease Thu 27-Oct-16 21:28:44

Hi Humber. PMT sufferer here too. It makes me vile, I want to clean the loo with my OH's toothbrush, push my DC downstairs, delete EVERYONE from my phone. Irrirable doesn't even begin to describe the monster I become!

I used to get it really badly. Then I started with the menopause, been period free for over 2 years and the PMT had largely gone. However I went onto HRT a few months ago and now the full on PMT has returned.

I tried many different supplements etc in the past and found the only thing that worked for me was a product called Magnesium OK. It's a vitamin/mineral supplement that you can buy at any well stocked chemist. It only costs about £4 for a month's supply.

I'd truly forgotten how vile the PMT was but now it is back and I'm back on the Magnesium OK. It helped a great deal in the past so I'm hoping it'll work again.

HumberLass Thu 27-Oct-16 21:34:35

Ah man, i'm horrendous. DH says 'if you know its coming and you know you're awful, can't you control it?' yeah, because I didn't ever try... FFS. I am on magnesium but forget to take it. I was ok until yesterday when something irritated me so I wanted to smash it, today its full blown monster, bedtime with DC becomes a chore and I have zero patience. I'm basically a vile human for a few days. So sick of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now