Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is this gallbladder?

(7 Posts)
MozzchopsThirty Sat 22-Oct-16 22:37:15

Pain just below bra where sternal notch is

Eased when eating but the agony at all other times
Radiates to back
Wakes me up in the night and makes me feel nauseous at times

Any advice welcome

Lunde Sat 22-Oct-16 22:40:05

Could be gallbladder but it could be other things as well such as gastritis or duodenal inflammation - you need to go to your GP and arrange for a scan

Musicinthe00ssucks Sat 22-Oct-16 22:44:49

Could be a stomach ulcer. I had one after my c section with DD2 (from taking ibuprofen). It felt like someone was trying to pull my stomach out through my back - absolute agony. The doctor told me that it eases off when you eat because your stomach is no longer full of acid. During the night your stomach fills with acid and that is what causes pain if you have an ulcer.

The doctor gave me a 30 day supply of strong antacids so that the ulcer could heal, and told me to make sure I had a full stomach going to bed (milkshake or hot chocolate is good). I was better within a couple of days.

MozzchopsThirty Sat 22-Oct-16 22:50:05

I had it about a month ago, then it's been ok for 3 weeks whilst been on holiday and now it's back

Is it worth going to OOH tomorrow?? I'm going away with the dcs tomorrow night so can't see GP until Friday

MozzchopsThirty Sat 22-Oct-16 22:50:52

Also I can't take omeprazole or lansoprazole as I'm allergic to them

Musicinthe00ssucks Sat 22-Oct-16 23:00:13

I was prescribed Omeprazole but there must be other medication. If I were you I'd see someone as soon as possible. I left my ulcer too long and it only get more painful. I could hardly sit up in the end.

Best of luck

38cody Sun 23-Oct-16 02:08:27

Not the same as my gallbladder pain which would come really really bad for about an hour, sometimes two and then go just as quickly but lower in stomach and into back. came and went like a switch.
Go and get checked for sure.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now