Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is this as positive as I think it sounds (B12/CFS/ME/FM related)

(15 Posts)
Katymac Thu 20-Oct-16 11:10:00

I admit I don't really understand it all but it does look good (IMO)
here

Pleasemrstweedie Thu 20-Oct-16 13:25:04

Makes sense to me. An awful lot of people with a diagnosis of CFS/ME or Fibromyagia are actually suffering from other, manageable conditions, including vitamin B12 and or folate deficiency.

I also had vitamin D and ferritin deficiencies and six years after my CFS/ME diagnosis, from a consultant and backed up by my GP, I am completely well.

HeyMacWey Thu 20-Oct-16 13:29:11

Thanks for posting this - my gp won't try out b12 injections as I'm just above the minimum range.
This will be good evidence to try and convince her.

Katymac Thu 20-Oct-16 15:33:04

me too

Vit D, Folate, Iron, Zinc & B12

I can only get my B12 every 12 weeks & I do get a bit down about it

Katymac Thu 20-Oct-16 20:57:24

Is this helpful for anyone else?

AnnieAutumnMouse Thu 20-Oct-16 21:00:28

You can buy B12 and take it yourself, but be careful - I had to stop taking it, as I was taking too much! My PC wouldn't open that link, but I do feel so much better after taking the usual supplements

Room101isWhereIUsedToLive Thu 20-Oct-16 21:01:09

Im certainly going to take it along to the rheumatologist when my appointment comes through!

Room101isWhereIUsedToLive Thu 20-Oct-16 21:03:06

The thing is Annie, your blood levels can show normal/healthy b12 levels but that doesn't mean you are processing it properly at a cellular level. I don't know the exact process but the injection gets around that.

Katymac Thu 20-Oct-16 21:10:07

I can't take supplements - I might as well stand here and throw them down the toilet

So injections are the only way to go - sadly

Katymac Thu 20-Oct-16 21:11:17

B12 is water soluble - if you have too much you just wee it out like Vit C - it's pretty much impossible (as I understand it) to over dose (unlike Vit D)

Katymac Sun 23-Oct-16 09:54:16

Really surprised not more people are interested in this

Bonkerz Sun 23-Oct-16 20:53:28

I've just started self injecting b12. Been feeling so rubbish for so long.
GP moved my injections from 12 to 8 weekly but I still felt pants.
It's very cheap to buy from a reputable company in Germany. Needles and syringes are from Amazon. I've injected every other day for 2 weeks and feel so much better.
I'm no bone shatteringly tired and I'm not in pain everywhere.

Katymac Sun 23-Oct-16 21:25:02

Would you PM me what you buy?

I know I need some folate too but the little bottles of it are so expensive!! & I can't do supplements sad

Bonkerz Sun 23-Oct-16 21:49:02

https://www.mycare.de

This is where I got the b12. (Go to bottom of page and click English )
The hydroxy one is a white box and comes in 10s or 100s.
I paid £38 for 30 inc postage

I use blue 23g needles and 1ml syringes to inject into the muscle. There are lots of you tube videos to show how

Katymac Sun 23-Oct-16 22:06:24

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now