Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Stress incontinence + hormones

(4 Posts)
oatybiscuits Wed 19-Oct-16 21:08:07

Ds was a forceps delivery nearly 2 years ago, but I healed quickly and everything seemed ok after the first few weeks. Lately I've had leaks more and more frequently and of a larger volume! I came off the pill in august and was wondering if it could be linked to hormones? I just find it so odd that it's almost come out of nowhere, I'm only 29 and have 1 child. We're ttc but don't think I'm pregnant yet!

Fauxgina Thu 20-Oct-16 23:48:05

Yes it can change with hormones. Your uterus changes position and if you had a small cystocele hormones might be changing making it worse at times.

Worth going to your GP.

And take a pg test! Why not smile

oatybiscuits Fri 21-Oct-16 10:17:35

Thanks* faux* I didn't know that. I had my first period since ds a few weeks ago so I guess things could be moving. I'm in the 2ww!! Trying very hard not to test til Wednesday!

Fauxgina Fri 21-Oct-16 11:12:17

Mention it to your GP and ask for a referral to a gynaecologist if you're not pregnant. If you are mention it to your midwife.

Good luck! star

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now