Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Chest pains

(7 Posts)
Nabootique Thu 13-Oct-16 13:56:20

I'm not really sure whether to trouble a doctor with this as I am pretty sure it is stress related. I am having intermittent chest pains, in the heart area. They last for quite a long time, then sort of go off for a bit. I'm feeling dizzy and having a pounding and fast heart rate fairly often, and sometimes a slight head ache. The chest pain is not really severe, but I seem to feel it in my neck at times as well. Could this be anything other than stress? It's been going on for a couple of days now.

PigPigTrotters Thu 13-Oct-16 13:58:14

I would get it checked out, but it sounds like what I get when I'm anxious.

As it's your chest though I would definitely get it checked today if you can, better to have a problem ruled out.
Hope everything's ok.

TheWitchwithNoName Thu 13-Oct-16 13:59:04

Any chest pain should be checked out ASAP. Please ring your doctor and explain, they will see you today or may suggest you go to A&E

PhilMckrakin Thu 13-Oct-16 14:00:06

Go and get it checked out today.

It may be anxiety or stress but you should never ignore chest pain.

Nabootique Thu 13-Oct-16 14:01:03

Thank you. I have had very mild chest pains before in times of anxiety, but I never got them checked out, and didn't have all the other symptoms I do now. I will give the doctor a call.

mellowingmm Fri 14-Oct-16 17:13:24

I would get them looked at, as chest pains could be a sign of something else.

Nabootique Mon 17-Oct-16 12:44:25

I saw the doctor. I have to try and have less stress in my life hmm Thanks everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now