Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Does Starflower oil make you really thirsty?

(5 Posts)
LaContessaDiPlumpOnSea Thu 13-Oct-16 13:39:17

Starting a thread on this as there doesn't seem to be any info in past threads....

Recently I have suspected that I might be being the teensiest bit UR when I scream and my family and wish them dead - this unreasonableness may be due to hormones. So, I thought I'd try starflower oil - efficacy not proven, but seemed worth a punt.

I am REALLY thirsty. Really, really thirsty. It's only been 2 days!

Is this normal?! I'm taking 1000 mg OD.

Will probably just stop it but wanted to canvass opinions grin

conkerpods Sun 16-Oct-16 10:03:16

Hi,I take starflower oil every day (1000mg).
I can't say it makes me thirstier than before I was taking it but then I drink lots.
Do you take any B vitamins as well?I take a a vit B spectrum supplement and also magnesium. (I have heavy,painful periods which is why I take this cocktail!).

sadie9 Sun 16-Oct-16 11:39:07

Could you be dehydrated these past few days.
When you have these outbursts with your family, see if they co-relate with times when you haven't eaten for a few hours.

LaContessaDiPlumpOnSea Mon 17-Oct-16 22:06:00

Thanks for the replies!

I usually drink loads, so I don't think it's that; I also snack excessively so it's not hunger grin

For the past few days I've found that if I take the supplement at bedtime, I don't feel anywhere near as thirsty. Win!

Footle Tue 18-Oct-16 05:53:51

Get your blood sugar checked.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now