Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Searing pain in buttocks - anyone else have this

(2 Posts)
heartnothead Wed 12-Oct-16 13:48:10

For quite a few weeks I have had this - very uncomfortable and painful- its usually when sitting or standing but not in bed or walking.

A google suggests piriformis syndrome which as far as I can see is to do with the sciatic nerve.

I can't see the osteopath for a couple of weeks due to finances - anyone had this and is it worth going to the gp?

Bloodybridget Thu 13-Oct-16 02:27:57

Hi there, I'm awake with what I reckon is sciatica, pain all down the outside of my left leg from buttock to ankle. I've been getting the pain every night in bed for ages, but today had a bad attack after exercise. I haven't been to the GP about it but think I will mention it when I go for a meds review in a couple of weeks. If you look on NHS website it does say to consult your doctor, you can also try taking ibuprofen or similar.

I also found suggestions online for acupressure type treatment, which I will try tomorrow. Good luck with getting relief for your pain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now