Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Coming off the pill?

(1 Post)
gerbo Sat 08-Oct-16 18:39:27

I'm 39 and have 2dc. I've been on the pill since I was around 21 fairly constantly, apart from pregnancy and feeding each baby for around a year each.

I'm feeling like the pill may be affecting my health....I seem to have headaches the before my period when I stop taking it and even through the whole 7 days of period. I'm wondering also if it's affecting my mood and libido.

Will there be any side effects if I just stop taking the pill? Should I see my GP first? Planning to use condoms now as I'm fed up of swallowing pills, and seeing as we dtd around once a week, I think we should be ok! I'm also wondering whether or not it's better to be off the pill before menopause/peri menopause comes around.

Hoping my dh will go for a vasectomy but that's another thread. Anyone else out there who just stopped taking it??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now