Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

52 Small Changes - Week 41

(8 Posts)
NightWanderer Thu 06-Oct-16 07:10:41

Sorry I'm so late this week blush

Week 41 - Be a Bean Counter

When it comes to a healthy diet, beans are one of the healthiest and most nutritious foods on the planet. Like meat, beans are a great source of proteins. Unlike meat, beans are low in fat (especially saturated fat), high in fiber and water, and loaded with vitamins and minerals.

The Change

Have a minimum of 3 cups of beans a week or 1/2 cup per day

Last week's change

Stellar67 Thu 06-Oct-16 07:13:53

Thanks Night. 3 cups of beans. hmmis that over the weekend now! Could be messy grin

NightWanderer Thu 06-Oct-16 07:13:58

I do eat a lot of beans. I'm not sure it's as much as half a cup a day, but it's a lot. I buy cans of mixed beans, or use lentils to add to soups and curries. I eat a lot of chick peas too. Half a cup a day is a lot though shock

I don't really eat baked beans anymore either. Too much sugar and salt.

NightWanderer Thu 06-Oct-16 07:15:02

I think 1.5 cups is ok for this week grin.

I wouldn't want to get stuck in a lift with the woman who wrote this book.

DrDiva Thu 06-Oct-16 08:43:15

grin
I'm exempt from this one, back on low carbing! It might just be safe to share a lift with me instead.
Thanks, night .

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Thu 06-Oct-16 08:43:31

grin
This is another one I'll be swerving, beans are nice but not nice enough to compensate for the after effects!

NightWanderer Sat 15-Oct-16 14:38:12

I've missed a week, haven't I?

I will post the next two changes. They can be done simultaneously. Sorry about that everyone.

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Sat 15-Oct-16 15:46:19

No worries, we appreciate your perseverance flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now