Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Tummy not right after stomach bug

(6 Posts)
longdiling Wed 05-Oct-16 07:30:39

I had a tummy bug 2 weeks ago, diaohrrea but no sickness, just feeling sick. It stopped after a few days but my tummy hasn't properly recovered. I still feel sick off and on and very gassy and uncomfortable. Especially towards the end of the day. What can I do to try and recover? Is the brat diet still a thing? Prebiotic yogurts? Or just starve myself for 24 hours? It's doing my head in now! Thanks

VIOLETsunflower Wed 05-Oct-16 07:36:12

Sometimes you can develop a short lived lactose intolerance. You could cut out milk/ lactose for a couple of weeks and then reintroduce.

longdiling Wed 05-Oct-16 07:39:43

Thank you! That's worth a try. Although no butter sad

ItMustBeBedtimeSurely Wed 05-Oct-16 07:42:38

Buy good probiotics - check out amazon. I like bio - kult.

Natural yoghurt/ fresh raw veg are also a good source, but I've always found the tablets the most effective.

angelpuffs Wed 05-Oct-16 20:38:23

I second the use of probiotics- I was very sceptical but I think they helped me. Might be best to get a dairy free one if you have a temp lactose intolerance.

longdiling Thu 06-Oct-16 12:09:13

Thanks both! I think dairy may be the issue but I'm going to order some prebiotic tablets just in case

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now