Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone with endometriosis?

(4 Posts)
Eyre89 Fri 30-Sep-16 21:01:11

Have previously had a laporoscopy diagnosed and treated endometriosis but have had some new symptoms and not sure if they're related to my endo or not. Will be going to gp when I can get an appointment.

Full symptoms

Usual

Severe pain however no bleeding?! But definite same pain areas etc back abdomen and period symptoms swollen breasts. Do have the nexaplanon implant in
Fatigue
Bloating
Pain during sex

Different

Increased frequent urination, feeling desperate and needing to go repeatedly in a very short space of time
Change to bowel habits
Discharge

Could it just be the endometriosis, does anyone who has it have the extra new symptoms I've developed? Or does it sound like something else?

Also how are you managing your symptoms?

Tried various pain relief currently tramadol but not taking as it keeps me up and makes me itchy. Only successful thing was my laporoscopy and pregnancy.

Any tips would be great finding it hard with a toddler some days.

MyBeloved Sat 01-Oct-16 00:34:54

Hi
Endo is a bitch - you have my sympathy. I have had all the symptoms you list above but have found their impact on my life has been lessened greatly by the Mirena Coil, which I've now has for almost 3 months.

The worst symptom for me before I had it inserted was debilitating pain. Periods were heavy but I could deal with those. Now I have no pain.

Could be worth speaking to your consultant about this as an option?

Titsywoo Sat 01-Oct-16 00:39:39

Yes I have endo. Stage 4. The urination thing you mentioned is what I had just before a large endometrioma was found. I'm currently waiting for excision surgery. It's a long wait as I need deep recto vaginal excision plus cyst removal so need a few surgeons working together. I've had my cyst for at least 2.5 years but it's time for it to go now.

Definitely get an ultrasound done to check for cysts.

Eyre89 Sat 01-Oct-16 19:11:16

Thank you for your replies. I'm really struggling some days with the pain and my toddler.

I tried the coil but it didn't work out for me, I'm really pleased it's working for you MyBeloved as the pain is so debilitating some days.

I may have to take an emergency appointment I'd it takesmuch longer to see my gp. Thank you for your replies. I really hope you don't have to wait too much longer for your surgery Titsywoo.

Thank you both

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now