Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is this just weak pelvic floor? Or something else?

(10 Posts)
mckenzie Sun 25-Sep-16 17:47:13

I was standing at the kitchen sink, preparing to load the dishwasher, when suddenly I'm aware that I am wetting myself. Not huge amounts but enough.blush

I had no desire to go to the toilet, I didn't cough nor sneeze.

This isn't the first time this has happened; it started about 2 /3 months ago.
I'm fit and reasonably healthy, age 50 and experiencing a few menopausal things (night sweats, over heating, crying for no reason etc)

Could it be linked?
Or is it just weak pelvic floor?

It's bloody horrible whatever and I need to stop it asap.
Help please.
TIA

spidey66 Sun 25-Sep-16 17:55:54

I don't think that's a weak pelvic floor. With that, you know you need to go, you just can't get to the loo on time. You've lost the ability to hold on.

MistressMolecules Sun 25-Sep-16 18:01:57

I have absolutely no idea an no advice - I am following as I suffer the same thing. Mine started two years ago after my last child (though pelvic floor wasn't great to start with). I'm 37 and not going through menopause (or premenopause).

Footle Sun 25-Sep-16 18:09:42

I'm not a medic of any kind but I'd suggest getting medical advice if you're not feeling anything at all before this happens. There are neurological things that can go wrong, and I'd want to make sure it wasn't anything like that.

mckenzie Sun 25-Sep-16 18:21:45

Thanks for the replies.
MM - sorry to read that you are having the same issues.

MistressMolecules Sun 25-Sep-16 19:38:50

It's not pleasant is it?! I really hope you manage to find out what it is and get it sorted.

sunnyspot Sun 25-Sep-16 19:51:36

I had this many years ago, although it happened when I was asleep. Turned out if was a urine infection, cleared up very quickly with antibiotics.

PollyPerky Sun 25-Sep-16 20:08:46

Running water can make people wee- it's called urge incontinence. Not alway with a weak PF but can be.

See your GP for support.

PollyPerky Sun 25-Sep-16 20:10:59

Missed your age- it's linked I suspect to loss of oestrogen making your Pf weaker but also more likely to do this.

There are drugs, exercises and bladder training programs that your GP can offer.

mckenzie Mon 26-Sep-16 07:13:27

Thanks of the extra replies. GP it is then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now