Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Low immunity/repeated viruses and colds

(7 Posts)
gottaloveascamhun Sun 25-Sep-16 10:58:01

Background: I'm a part time teacher and have 2 young children. In the last 3 weeks I've had 3 heavy cold viruses back to back. Very fatigued with temperature and fuzzy head, runny nose etc. I haven't taken any time off work and have managed by going to bed really early. Am now totally exhausted and tearful. I don't drink any alcohol, do lots of walking outside, eat home cooked meals and take a multivitamin but still am getting ill constantly. Wanted to take the children out today but can't do it as I feel too unwell again. Any ideas for how to break the cycle and get better? Maybe I'm just making a big deal out of nothing but it's making me feel really low.

CalleighDoodle Sun 25-Sep-16 11:00:05

It will be because youre back at work and children are full of germs. Rest

gottaloveascamhun Sun 25-Sep-16 11:05:27

Thanks for quick reply CalleighDoodle. You are right. Nursery, work and school gems are to blame. I feel I should be able to breeze past it all and get on with things like everyone else does. Can't stop crying.

CalleighDoodle Sun 25-Sep-16 14:34:29

The first two weeks of a term theres nobody off. A mfrer that is when everyone starts getting ill and being off. Youre bang on que!

FarAwayHills Sun 25-Sep-16 17:26:21

You are not alone OP - I could have written your post, except l don't work in education so I can't blame the germs on kids.

I'm so fed up and it's not even winter yet sad

gottaloveascamhun Sun 25-Sep-16 21:15:55

Well I feel a bit more rational now. DH got freaked by the crying and took the kids to the park all afternoon bless him. Peace and quiet was blissful. I had a nap and made a leisurely roast. Really trying to eat properly. Hope to get a bit of immunity soon, so run down and tired. Early night tonight.

gottaloveascamhun Sun 25-Sep-16 21:16:25

Get well soon Farawayhills!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now