Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Shadow on chest x-ray - what to expect?

(6 Posts)
FellaTheDog Sat 24-Sep-16 11:23:11

GP sent me for a chest x-ray after 3 months of chest tightness/cough and the next day he called to tell me there's a shadow on one of my lungs so has referred me. I was told I'm on the fast-track 2 WW system, but I'm not too clear whether this means the hospital will phone me within 2 weeks with an appointment or whether an appointment should be scheduled within the next 2 weeks. Can anyone advise? Thank you!

Paramaribo0 Sat 24-Sep-16 14:44:57

Sorry to hear that the X-ray has showed something. 2ww means you will have an appointment within 2 weeks of the date of the referral, so you will be reviewed very quickly. Fingers crossed it goes well for you.

Twodogsandahooch Sat 24-Sep-16 18:56:05

it means that you will be seen within 2 weeks of the referral being received by the hospital team. please try not to worry too much - a long shadow could have a number of causes. The next step will probably be a CT scan.

FellaTheDog Sat 24-Sep-16 21:22:00

Thanks for the responses, much appreciated. Its an anxious wait but I'm trying to stay positive!

Freezingwinter Sun 25-Sep-16 16:04:50

Yes, you'll be seen really soon. If you phone you may be able to get a cancellation? Hope for the best result for you!

Tequilamockinbird Mon 26-Sep-16 20:18:55

As twodogs said, try not to worry too much.

I also had a shadow found on my lung after an X-ray for a persistent cough. It actually turned out to be one of my very droopy norks which was casting a shadow over the top of my lung!

Hopefully you'll be seen very soon flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now