Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sharp shooting pains in lady bits!

(4 Posts)
Lilypad15 Fri 23-Sep-16 22:16:59

The last couple of days I've had on and off cramps in my cervix although I'm not due on my period. I should be ovulating at the minute so I was thinking that was the issue. But today I've been getting weird sharp, pains starting in my vagina shooting straight up the middle of my body to just under my ribs. It's happened about 4/5 times today and I'm starting to worry (I suffer from health anxiety and hypochondria!) Anyone have any idea what it could be? It only lasts a couple of seconds but I can't think what on earth it might be!

Cathaka15 Wed 28-Sep-16 23:37:09

I have this a lot. Sometimes the sharp pain would make me jump. Never known what caused them. But I have noticed it starts after or before a urine infection. hmm see your GP for a peace of mind

phoolani Wed 28-Sep-16 23:39:31

I have similar quite a lot when (I think) I'm ovulating. Really sharp oh my god hold your breath things. I've never thought about them much as I've had them for years.

LittleDittyAbout Wed 28-Sep-16 23:42:51

I get them occasionally and only realised they were common by reading about it on here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now