Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Blood test HELP

(10 Posts)
Horsegirl1 Fri 23-Sep-16 19:33:42

I have been to gp today with symptons that require a full blood test. She said she was testing for everything BUT what is everything ? There was between 8/10 vials that she filled . Iv not had a blood test before other than in pregnancy so I'm clueless. Probably should have asked but reason I was with a gp meant I couldn't

Horsegirl1 Fri 23-Sep-16 19:35:25

What I mean by couldn't is to do with severe anxiety

LIZS Fri 23-Sep-16 19:38:11

Probably depends on your symptoms but would include looking at iron levels, white cell count, thyroid , blood sugar, cholesterol etc

Horsegirl1 Fri 23-Sep-16 19:42:34

Symptons include . Severe insomnia , leg and arm pain , severe depression , feeling exhausted all the time , not sleeping longer than 1.5 hr spells at night and being awake for good hour before falling back to sleep. Also severe forehead and facial sweating and anxiety

PatMullins Fri 23-Sep-16 19:43:33

8-10 tubes?

Horsegirl1 Fri 23-Sep-16 20:07:07

I don't know the exact number but it looked a lot. She had a big pile between her lap which to me looked about 8 or 10 ? I could be mistaken tho .

Horsegirl1 Sat 24-Sep-16 08:22:25

Anyone ?????

GrimmauldPlace Sat 24-Sep-16 08:27:25

It's really hard for anyone to say what she was testing for. I presume you'll have your results in a few days so you'll find out then. Usually when I've had a full "work up" it's been all vitamin levels, thyroid, glucose, liver and kidney function tests, full blood count etc. Blood can tell a lot about what's going on in your body. The gp more than likely has no idea what could be wrong (or there could be a few things that cause the same symptoms) so is covering all the bases.

Horsegirl1 Sat 24-Sep-16 09:06:14

Thanks Mrs fizzy. Yeh she did mention thyroid and kidney amd liver tests and then just said I'm literally testing for everything . X

GrimmauldPlace Sat 24-Sep-16 09:45:39

Hopefully it won't be long for the results to come through. I'm not a doctor but your symptoms do sound like they could be thyroid related.

Hope they get to the bottom of it soon flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now