Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Dealing with this much better

(12 Posts)
PinkPearls20 Thu 22-Sep-16 08:19:50

Started the pill last month. Spotted all the way through.

Had my break and a period and no potting for about 12 days...untill Tues when I spotted a tiny bit. No spotting yesterday. Spotting again today.

GP two weeks ago said its the pill.
Clear smear just over 12 months ago.
GP examined me 2 months ago and said all looked fine.

Could this spotting still be hormonal due to the pill?

Please , please be careful what you say to me. I suffer from awful health anxiety. I have been taking AD for 2 weeks and can feel them working as I'm not actually shaking while I'm writing this. I don't even feel the need to go and lie in bed about it.

yeOldeTrout Thu 22-Sep-16 08:23:53

Sounds like spotting on the pill is normal for you. Hope it's not too much of a hassle.

PinkPearls20 Thu 22-Sep-16 08:24:03

It's literally lihjt pink spotting, just a little bit. I am worried. But it's weird, I don't feel all panicky like I normally would. I'm not checking every five minutes...maybe every 15

PinkPearls20 Thu 22-Sep-16 08:24:36

Can it be normal for some people?

yeOldeTrout Thu 22-Sep-16 08:28:41

checking every 5 or 15 minutes isn't normal.

If it's staining your knickers then maybe a different form of contraception would be more stable & not have this side effect.

PinkPearls20 Thu 22-Sep-16 08:32:01

No it's not staining my knickers. It's just a little bit when I wipe. Sometimes it can only be seen by my torch blush

Checking every 15 mins isn't normal but I have counciling booked in a couple of weeks so hopefully that will help.

I know I have come back on mumsnet for reassurance , but I cant help it. I am better tho as normally my head would be spinning and I would be shaking if I was spotting. I just feel concernd and calm atm

This is very normal when you start taking a new combined pill, it's your body dealing with the progesterone which is thinning the lining of your uterus. This happens to a lot of women, you will probably need a few months for your body to adjust to the hormones. Hope this has set your mind to rest a bit. X

sadie9 Thu 22-Sep-16 11:15:44

Hi PinkPearls, sorry you are struggling again. But great that it's a little less of a burden on you than it had been. Glad to hear that.
Like I said before if it's the mini-pill I spotted on that that continuously.
I would say it is definitely hormonal. As you have seen, once you take the break, have the period, then the spotting stops for a while. So when you stop taking it, there is enough of a hormone 'swing' to start the period.
Then when you start the next cycle of hormones you start to see spotting again.
And sometimes with some people the dosage is not quite high enough or low enough to get a clear bleed/no bleed situation. You get a kind of middling effect which is a little bit of bleeding on/off. Hopefully it will settle down after another month or so. It's not an exact science with the mini pill and spotting is a very very common side effect.
It's better you keep coming back here for reassurance about this. Because although you know it, your brain needs to read it here again and again to believe it, and then hopefully your thoughts will ease up and stop giving you such a hard time about it. Have a good day.

PinkPearls20 Thu 22-Sep-16 11:19:50

Thanks Sadie. It's not the mini pill tho, it's he combined pill x

MegGriffin Thu 22-Sep-16 17:10:11

I take cerazette and spot on and off all the time and have done for 6 months.

PinkPearls20 Fri 23-Sep-16 19:17:22

What is happening to me? In the past when I have been spotting I have been freaking out, panicking. Stopping eating.

Now I am just getting on with life, sometimes feeling a bit sad about the spotting and wanting it to stop.

Is the ADs making me feel like this?!

PinkPearls20 Fri 23-Sep-16 19:17:56

Or do I know deep down its just hormonal?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now