Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Borderline changes in squamous cells

(3 Posts)
BonnieBlueButler Mon 19-Sep-16 10:57:25

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me as I'm totally freaking out. I should maybe start by saying that I have pretty bad health anxiety.

I had a smear done on 30th August. I haven't heard anything and was at my GPs for an unrelated matter this morning so just mentioned my smear to him. They received my results on 2nd September. Results show borderline changes and positive for high risk HPV. The report he printed out for me says I need further investigation but I haven't heard anything.

Can anyone help calm me just a little? I'm terrified to google but I am also very frightened and have no idea what this result means.

BonnieBlueButler Mon 19-Sep-16 20:12:49

Sorry to bump, but can anyone help?

user1474380694 Tue 20-Sep-16 20:21:05

Hi. No need for panic. Borderline means borderline for an abnormal smear. It's the least risky other than a normal smear and way better than other abnormal smears. Most borderline will be false alarms, meaning a false alarm.Make sure you have the follow up smear but certainly it's not a moment to panic. Hope that helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now