Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Loose vag

(8 Posts)
Christinedonna Fri 16-Sep-16 10:31:27

I have birth to my DD 4 weeks ago today. The bleeding has just about stopped, was next to nothing for a week or so but TOUCH WOOD I think it's done now. OH tried it on last night and I've been dying to get back on the horse if you will, so went to the toilet to take my pad off (was wearing just in case) and was slightly curious as to how tight/loose I am now as I hadn't yet checked..and could have cried at how much I've changed. Not to blow my own trumpet but I was extremely tight before..and now I am really not! So turned OH down and he went to sleep a bit deflated. Literally. So my question is, is it still too early for it to have fully recovered, and could get tighter still? Or is this my new vagina?

sadie9 Fri 16-Sep-16 10:55:38

Everyone is different. I thought you were supposed to wait for 6 weeks at least before trying sex again, due to the risk of infection etc?
There is a GP 6-wk check up where I live, where they give you the all clear to resume, if you feel like doing so. Most people I know including myself, waited months not weeks until they felt like having sex again!
I'd imagine if you give it a few months, things down there would look and feel much closer to how they were. They might never be the exact same but time definitely does help a lot.
And pelvic floor exercises help greatly too. However, again I wouldn't start the pelvic floor exercises until you have had your 6 week check up. And the pelvic floors do take months rather than weeks to work well so you have to be patient.

Christinedonna Fri 16-Sep-16 11:00:42

I was told to start my pelvic floors the day she was born! (Definitely didn't happen) and I heard not to DTD until the bleeding stopped, due to risk of infection..everyone has said to start thinking about contraception so that I can discuss it at my 6 week check, but I assume they weren't expecting me to be ready this soon.

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Fri 16-Sep-16 11:03:34

When I had my most recent 6 week check the GP wanted to know if everything was OK sex wise, so defo expected me to have dtd already. As it was I did as the 2 week mark once the bleeding had stopped and like you was horrified by how it all felt. fast forward a month or so and it all felt fine and pretty much as it to was pre-dc2 so don't panic just yet smile

JinkxMonsoon Fri 16-Sep-16 11:03:46

It's been FOUR WEEKS. Of course it's not going to be back to normal yet!

misscph1973 Fri 16-Sep-16 11:05:54

It takes longer for the body to recover, it will get better. I must admit I never did any pelvic floor exercises, I just kept forgetting. For me it took over 6 months before I could run and not wet myself ;)

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 16-Sep-16 11:11:47

Very early days yet! Keep doing your exercises.

Tumtitum Fri 16-Sep-16 11:15:05

DD is 7 months and we only just started having sex again! blush mainly because my libido went through the floor (as it had all through pregnancy too, poor bugger!) but one of the things that was not making me feel sexy was thinking that things were super different down there, especially feeling quite loose! However, having now bitten the bullet I can report that DH said it feels exactly the same! So I think how it feels for us and for them is very different. Also four weeks is very very soon for things to return to normal I would have thought!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now