Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Recommendations for over the counter tablets to prevent PMT symptoms?

(9 Posts)
Snowstorm Thu 15-Sep-16 15:01:42

It's a mixture of PMT and perimenopause symptoms really - it's to try and reduce how irritated and cross I feel (and to stop my breasts from aching so much) for what is now too many days a month!

If anyone could help then my whole family and I would be extremely grateful grin.

Tootsiepops Thu 15-Sep-16 15:03:37

I use nurofen with codeine when I've got pmt. Takes the edge off my temper and deals with any and all aches and pains.

Snowstorm Thu 15-Sep-16 15:37:40

I think I'd be taking too much nurofen for too many days in a row at this rate!

Someone suggested Promensil ... but that seems to be more for stopping hot flushes.

crje Thu 15-Sep-16 15:47:35

Clean marine Krill oil is working for me at the moment.
Taking it two months & definitely notice a difference in moods.

Snowstorm Thu 15-Sep-16 15:54:49

Thank you - will Google that.

Mybeardeddragonjustdied2016 Thu 15-Sep-16 15:56:44

B complex for moods and evening primrose oil for sore boobs!
I call b complex my anti - bitch tablets!

Snowstorm Thu 15-Sep-16 18:58:45

I think that's what we'll be calling them if they work!!!

Do you just take them all the time (for fear of releasing the anti-Christ if you don't?) or just at PMT time? Are there different strengths I should be looking at?

Alfiemoon1 Thu 15-Sep-16 19:01:14

will try these thanks terrible sore boobs for about 2 weeks before I come on and I am so irritable all the time. Any recommendations for feeling hot mid evening it doesn't usually disturb me in the night but uncomfortable in the evening X

Snowstorm Sat 17-Sep-16 17:57:29

Alfiemoon1
Google Promensil and see if you think that might work for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now