Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Crying at EVERYTHING! Ideas?

(1 Post)
YesIlikePinaColadas Thu 15-Sep-16 14:03:52

Have nc for this because certain bits are quite identifying!

So I've never been much of a crier - crying has always just given me a headache and doesn't fix anything anyway so I tend to avoid it.

But in the last few weeks it's like I have no control over my tear ducts at all which is starting to get fairly embarrassing. Yesterday at work I burst into tears after someone showed me a really cute baby hat we'd been sent in hmm It's just constant and I would really like for it to stop.

Things I have ruled out:
I'm not pregnant
I don't feel depressed
Nor do I feel stressed out/anxious
I have been on the pill I use for a long time so don't think it's that

I emailed my practise's nurse today and she's told me that it's normal and nothing to be concerned about but to keep a diary for a couple of months and if I can't link it to anything to let them know and they'll discuss running some tests.

For a lot of people it might be normal but it definitely isn't for me and I'm finding it so frustrating! Has anyone experienced anything like this/does anyone have any tips for how to stop involuntarily tearing up at every bloody little thing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now