Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Skin tag removal

(8 Posts)
Norky1975 Sun 04-Sep-16 12:04:43

I've suddenly developed loads between my boobs. Driving me mad and it looks awful! Has anyone removed them themselves before?

Acopyofacopy Sun 04-Sep-16 12:08:27

This is not a diy job! Go to your GP.

nellypledge16 Sun 04-Sep-16 14:43:25

As someone who in the past tried the old fashioned method of tying thread around them I'd highly recommend you don't try it! They fill with blood, swell to 10 times their size, are really painful (and you can't get the thread off) for a few days before they dry up and fall off!

A couple of weeks ago I had a strange little crusty lump on my back and went to see the doctor who froze it and 3 days later it was gone! It only mildly stings too so not painful at all.

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Sun 04-Sep-16 14:47:11

Someone on here claimed that if you paint them with clear nail varnish they fall off. You may just end up with very shiny skin tags though.

McBassyPants Sun 04-Sep-16 20:55:57

GP may be able to freeze em. Depends on how thick the base is. If they're too big, the NHS won't pay for them surgically removing as it's 'cosmetic'

Or at least that was the case with me

goingtotown Mon 05-Sep-16 22:43:09

Painting with clear nail varnish a couple of times really works.

redskirt3 Mon 05-Sep-16 22:48:05

There's a do it yourself freeze kit we can get from the chemist here in Australia.

JuicyMouth Mon 05-Sep-16 22:50:46

I cut them off with scissors/nail clippers. Clean ones of course. Never had any problems, never left a scar. I did one on DP's neck and arm too. He was scared at the time, but now they're a distant memory.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now