Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sunburn, at my age!

(6 Posts)
littlemissneela Fri 02-Sep-16 23:17:14

So, went to the beach yesterday and wore a skirt for the first time in ages so my legs 'were out' and I forgot to put on suncream. Anyhoo, sunshine and wind, I didn't realise I had caught the sun and now my shins are very very sore and red sad I have been taking ibuprofen and moisterising with e45 and aftersun, but its still so very sore. Especially if I stand up after sitting down for a bit, as it then feels like the top skin is tearing away from the underneath layer. Its not, thats just how it feels. Any suggestions on how to ease things a bit? I know it will go on a few days, but just wanted to speed things up a bit.

elephantoverthehill Fri 02-Sep-16 23:24:13

sudacreme (nappy rash cream) is very good for sunburn or aloa vera.

ArmyInRed Fri 02-Sep-16 23:24:33

Ive heard that sudocrem is good for sunburn?

elephantoverthehill Fri 02-Sep-16 23:30:18

Sorry I can't spell tonight, but I guess you get the gist.

littlemissneela Fri 02-Sep-16 23:31:15

I shall try that tonight, though its quite thick so might rub a bit. Anything is worth a go right now sad

littlemissneela Sat 03-Sep-16 11:07:07

Thank you so much for suggesting Sudocreme. Its magic! My shins are still sore, but not to the same extent. It will be my go to solution....should it happen again ;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now